You will find many articles on the internet sharing this but still writing it for my readers.
There are following channels from which you can choose:
- Monthly Channel: As the name suggests its monthly updates
It provides users with the newest features of Office as soon as they're available.
- Monthly Channel (Targeted): Its same as above but available 1 week before release of Monthly Channel updates.
- Semi-Annual Channel: Every 6 months updates are provided.
Months for this update (January and July).
- Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted): Similar to above it is 6 monthly but is is designed for testers in your company that want to test before release to general population.
Months for this update (March and September).
- Insider: This is another channel which releases updates more frequently than Monthly Channel (Targeted) but these can be unstable in nature.
Here are the commands that can be used to switch the channels.
Launch command prompt
Change to directory where OfficeC2RClient.exe is located.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun
OfficeC2RClient.exe /changesetting Channel=(InsiderFast|Monthly|Broad|Targeted)
After switching the channel, run the update command to start the update.
OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user
Wait for update to happen and you will find that your office proplus is updated to the insiders version.
Even if the updates are manged by your system administrator, you will be able to update your office.
I did mine to the Insider version , see below.
Thanks for reading
PowerShell Cheat Book